Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Who ya got

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Who ya got

    Charles Woodson was named AP Defensive POY today.

    finishing 2nd was darrelle revis, the jets CB.

    if you to pay huge bucks for only one year, woodson is older so that loses value, but for one season, who would you rather have?

    woodson had 9 picks, 3 returns for TD
    revis was the definition of lock down, holding receivers like randy moss, reggie wayne, brandon marshall, andre johnson, marques colston, terrell owens, roddy white, steve smith, and chad johson under 35 yards receiving. only ONE of those guys scored on him, moss.


    id take revis

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who ya got

    diggin round a lil, look at this, its crazy

    revis gave up only 3 TD's this year, he had 7 INT's.

    during 17 games (including playoff game last week), revis gave up a total of 507 yards. ALL YEAR. 30 yards per game, on the opposing team's #1 receiver.

    ive not looked at all time numbers, but that has to be at least top 2 greatest cb seasons

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who ya got

    revis

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who ya got

    Quote Originally Posted by burton2019 View Post
    revis
    ^^^^
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who ya got

    That makes the 2nd time Charles Woodson has chumped his way to a major award.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who ya got

    well cmon now, its not like Woodson didnt have a great year as well. GB would not have made the playoffs without Woodson, same for NYJ and Revis.

    Woodson had more INT's, more return TD's, more tackles, and more forced fumbles, thats why he won the award.
    for the lack of a better word, the sexy stats.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who ya got

    Going out on a limb here, but I'd be willing to bet Woodson was thrown at alot more than Revis also.

    The best lockdown corner ever never had more than seven picks in a season, and in his days in Dallas sometimes only had two. Nobody threw at him, it was suicide.

    But I'd take Revis in a heartbeat. I love how he doesn't care to get physical when need be. Watched the Jets alot this year, and I'm gonna say that I never saw Champ Bailey play like that. Best corner I've seen since Sanders....

    But props to Woodson. Very very impressive year.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who ya got

    What duckmeat said.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who ya got

    Quote Originally Posted by duckmeat View Post
    Going out on a limb here, but I'd be willing to bet Woodson was thrown at alot more than Revis also.

    The best lockdown corner ever never had more than seven picks in a season, and in his days in Dallas sometimes only had two. Nobody threw at him, it was suicide.

    But I'd take Revis in a heartbeat. I love how he doesn't care to get physical when need be. Watched the Jets alot this year, and I'm gonna say that I never saw Champ Bailey play like that. Best corner I've seen since Sanders....

    But props to Woodson. Very very impressive year.
    I wasnt able to find that stat, I looked for it but couldnt find it.

    some are saying that Revis' season this year is only matched by Deion's season in 94 for the Niners.

    Revis is the best corner in the NFL, he is better now than Champ was at his best, and to be honest, I think Revis is better than Neon Deion. Deion had GREAT coverage skills, but he refused to be physical and hit people, something Revis is not afraid of.

    EDIT-
    check my new thread, long read, but interesting I hope

  10. #10
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who ya got

    Deion didn't have to be physical in his coverage.

    Whatever side of the field he was on, it was shutdown. Not an option. Not just the WR he covered, but any ground remotely close to him.

    Saying he's as good as Primtime after one year? No, not seeing that. Deion was a freak, best flat out coverage corner ever. Jury is still out on Revis...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •